Inhalt des Dokuments
Slobodan Ilic, PhD.
Quality and Usability Lab
Image and Vision Computing Group
Deutsche Telekom AG Laboratories
Tel: +49 30 8353-58484
Fax: +49 30 8353-58409
Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Applied Mathematics
• Face modelling, animation, detection and tracking
• 3D surface reconstruction from monocular and multiple-cameras
• Physically based modelling
• Deformable objects - modelling and tracking
Slobodan Ilic is currently a senior research scientist at the Deutsche Telekom Laboratories in Berlin, Germany. He was previously postdoctoral fellow at Computer Vision Laboratory, EPFL, Switzerland, where he received his PhD.
Slobodan Ilic is regularly serving as a technical program committee for the three top computer vision conferences: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), International Conference in Computer Vision (ICCV) and European Conference in Computer Vision (ECCV). His is also serving as reviewer for IEEE PAMI and IJCV, two highest ranked Computer Vision journals. In addition Slobodan is scientific advisor on several Innovation Development projects of Deutsche Telekom AG.
Slobodan used to teach Computer Graphics and Advanced Topics in Computer Vision at the undergraduate and graduate level at EPFL, Switzerland. Currently, he is not involved in teaching at TUB.
- llic S., Implicit Meshes: Unifying Implicit and Explicit Surface Representations for 3D Reconstruction and Tracking. PhD Thesis, EPF Lausanne, Computer Vision Laboratory, Lausanne, May 2005, Switzerland
- M.Salzmann, J.Pilet, S.Ilic and P.Fua, "Surface Deformation Models for Non-Rigid 3-D Shape Recovery", IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Inteligence (PAMI), Nov 2006
- S. Ilic, M. Salzmann and P. Fua. "Implicit Meshes for Effective Silhouette Handling", International Journal of Computer Vision, 2006
- S. Ilic and P. Fua, "Implicit Meshes for Surface Reconstruction", Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), Vol. 28, Nr. 2, pp. 328--333, February 2006
Refereed Conference Papers
- Ilic, S. , "Object Labeling for Recognition Using Vocabulary Trees", In IEEE International Conference in Pattern Recognition (ICPR), Tampa, Florida, USA, December, 2008
- Zaharescu, A. , Cagniart, C., Ilic, S., Boyer. E., Horaud, R. , "Camera Clustering for Multi-resolution 3D Surface Reconstruction", In ECCV Workshop on Multi-camera and Multi-modal Sensor Fusion Algorithms and Applications, Marseille, France, October, 2008.
- N.Grujic, Ilic, S., V.Lepetit, P. Fua, "3D Facial Pose Estimation by Image Retrieval", In IEEE Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition(FG), Amsterdam, Netherlands, September, 2008.
- S.Ilic, P.Fua, Non-Linear Beam Model for Tracking Large Deformations. IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, October 2007
- S.Ilic, Comparing Timoshenko Beam to Energy Beam for Fitting Noisy Data. Asian Converence in Computer Vision, Tokyo, Japan, November, 2007
- S.Ilic, "Using Subdivision Surfaces for 3-D Reconstruction from Noisy Data", In Deform06 workshop of British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), Edinburgh, Sep 2006
- Salzmann M., Ilic S., Fua P., Physically Valid Shape Parameterization for Monocular 3--D Deformable Surface Tracking. In British Machine Vision Conference(BMVC05), Oxford, UK, September 2005
- Ilic S., Salzmann M., Fua P., Implicit Meshes Make for Better Silhouettes. In IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition(CVPR05), San Diego, CA, June 2005, USA
- M. Dimitrijevic, S. Ilic, and P. Fua, Accurate Face Models from Uncalibrated and Ill-Lit Video Sequences. In IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition(CVPR04), Washington, DC, June 2004, USA
- Ilic S., Fua P., "Generic Deformable Implicit Mesh Models for Automated Reconstruction", In ICCV workshop on Higher-Level Knowledge in 3D Modelling and Motion Analysis, Nice, October 20-17, 2003, France
- Ilic S., Fua P., "Implicit Mesh Models for Modeling and Reconstruction", In IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR03), Madison, Wisconsin, June 16-22, USA
- Ilic S., Fua P., "Using Dirichlet Free Form Deformation to Fit Deformable Models to Noisy 3D Data", In European Conference in Computer Vision (ECCV02), Copenhagen May 27-30, Denmark
- M. Salzmann, S. Ilic and P. Fua, "Parameterizing Deformable Surfaces for Monocular 3--D Tracking", Technical Reports in Computer and Communication Sciences – IC/2005/020, 2005
- S. Ilic, M.Salzmann and P. Fua, "Implicit Meshes Make for Better Silhouettes" Technical Reports in Computer and Communication Sciences – IC/2004/92, Nov 2004
- S. Ilic and P. Fua, "Implicit Meshes for Surface Reconstruction" Technical Reports in Computer and Communication Sciences - IC/2004/25, March 2004
- Ilic S., Fua P., "From Explicit to Implicit Surfaces for Visualization, Animation and Modeling", In ISPRS Workshop on Visualization and Animation of Reality-based 3D objects, February 24-28, 2003, Tarasp-Vulpera, Switzerland
- M. Dimitrijevic, S. Ilic, and P. Fua, "Accurate Face Models from Uncalibrated and Ill-Lit Video Sequences" Technical Reports in Computer and Communication Sciences - IC/2004/05, Dec 2004
- Ilic, S. " Annual PhD Thechnical Report for year 2002", Computer Vision Lab, EPFL, March 2003
- Ilic, S. " Annual PhD Thechnical Report for year 2001", Virtual Reality Lab, EPFL, March 2002
- Ilic, S. "Well Textured Avatars", Doctoral School Project Report, Virtual Reality Lab, EPFL, June 2000
- Ilic S., Stankovic. T., Velickovic. M, "Library class hierarchy for digital image processing", ETRAN 98, Vrnjacka Banja Jun 2-6, pp. 188-191
- Ilic S., Petkovic M., "Shortest path graph algorithms", YUINFO 98, Kopaonik March 23-27, pp.19-24