Inhalt des Dokuments
Dr.-Ing. Jens Ahrens
Spatial audio capture and presentation
- Physical fundamentals and system theory of sound field synthesis
- Modeling for head-related transfer functions
- Psychoacoustics of synthetic sound fields
- Object-oriented representation of spatial audio scenes
- Interaction with spatial audio scenes
- Orthogonal sound field decomposition
As of May 2016, Jens Ahrens is with Chalmers University of Technology.
Jens Ahrens received a Diploma in Electrical Engineering/Sound Engineering (equivalent to Master of Science) from Graz University of Technology and University of Music and Dramatic Arts Graz, Austria, in 2005 and the Doctoral Degree (Dr.-Ing.) from University of Technology Berlin, Germany, in 2010 both with distinction. From 2006 to 2011 he was member of the Audio Technology Group at the Quality and Usability Lab where he worked on the topic of sound field synthesis. From 2011 to 2013 he was a Postdoctoral Researcher at Microsoft Research in Redmond, Washington, USA. In the fall/winter terms 2015/16, he was Visiting Scholar at Stanford University. He received the literature award 2013 of the Information Technology Society (ITG at VDE). Find more information here.
- Vorlesung "Virtuelle Akusik" (FG Audiokommunikation), SoSe 2015
- Vorlesung "Audiotechnik II" (FG Audiokommunikation), WiSe 2014/15
- Digital Audio Effects (guest lecture at NTNU Trondheim, Norway) WiSe 2014/15
Sprechstunde nach Vereinbarung per E-Mail.
- Artificial Reverberation for Sound Field Synthesis (DFG)
- SoundScape Renderer (SSR)
- SSRemote: A VST automatization tool for SSR
Quality and Usability Lab
Deutsche Telekom Laboratories
D-10587 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 8353 58461
Fax: +49 30 8353 58409