Inhalt des Dokuments
Mobisense - User Perception of Mobility in NGN
(collaboration with Intelligent Networks & Management of Distributed Systems)
Motivation & Project Description
- Mobile communication systems will bring together heterogeneous access technologies and integrate wired and wireline networks.
- Convergence will demand seamless mobility across otherwise independent systems, meaning to maintain ongoing sessions while changing the point of attachment to the Internet.
- High-quality seamless handovers cannot be guaranteed with the current approaches (user experiences disruptions).
- The aim is to investigate perceptual quality during handovers in order to design and plan NGNs accordingly.
- The methodology: (1) using our testbed produce speech samples under controlled conditions, (2) perform users, and (3) translate perceived networking conditions into quality index (applying the e-model).
- Complete evaluation report on VoIP in NGN scenarios merging networking & user perception data.
- Subjective test methodology for testing handovers and mobility impact.
- Extension of the E-model for planning NGNs accordingly.
For further information, please visit the project homepage .
|T-labs Team Members:||Blazej Lewcio , Sebastian Möller, Marcin
Solarski, Pablo Vidales (Project Leader), Marcel Wältermann
||T-Mobile, DAI-Labor (Frank
|Publications:||visit the project homepage |