Automatic Usability Engineering Methods
- © Copyright??
Optimized usability engineering of
interactive services by usability prediction
Motivation & Project Description
- State-of-the-art usability measurement methods still involve subjective tests with human participants, which come late in the service development cycle and at a high expense.
- The aim of this project
is to provide usability estimations for multimodal interactive
services on the basis of algorithmic models, including
- Models of human behavior during the interaction
- Models for predicting usability problems (e.g. ISO 9241)
- Models for predicting user judgments and hedonistic quality aspects
- This way, services can be developed much quicker and cheaper.
for describing user behavior in response to the
- Parameters for quantifying user/system behavior in multimodal interaction (input parameters to models)
- Models of user interaction behavior for GUIs and VUIs
- Identification of relevant quality aspects and their interrelationship
- Models for predicting usability aspects and user judgments on the basis of interaction parameters
|Time Frame: ||01/2009 -
|T-labs Team Members:|| K.-P.
Engelbrecht , C. Kühnel , S. Möller , B. Weiss
Siebke, R. Tönges|
by:||Deutsche Telekom Laboratories|
|Publications:||see project publications