------ Links: ------
Basics of Sound Reproduction and Perception
- © Copyright??
Motivation & Project Description
- Spatial sound reproduction helps to exploit the natural cues of the human auditory system for various applications, like e.g. multiparty communication.
- The project aims at understanding, comparing and optimizing different sound reproduction approaches on a technical and perceptual level.
- The technical considerations focus on the mathematical foundation and signal processing issues.
- The perceptual considerations are focused on higher-level features like spaciousness, coloration, intelligibility, and the resulting plausability and immersion.
- State-of-the-art wave field analysis techniques provide a tool to characterize and measure the reproduced wave fields.
- Jens Ahrens, Analytic Methods of Sound Field Synthesis , Springer-Verlag, Berlin/Heidelberg, 2012, 300 p. (accompanying website )
- The SoundScape Renderer , an open-source tool for real-time spatial audio presentation
||12/2008 - 12/2010|
Members:||Jens Ahrens , Matthias Geier , Alexander
Raake , Sascha Spors |
University of Technology, Fachgebiet Audiokommunikation
|Funding by: ||Deutsche Telekom
||see project publications