Smart Home System INSPIRE
- © Copyright??
Smart Home Environment for Usability and
While setting up the system and enhancing it step by step we want to investigate
- Identification and classification of quality aspects
- Development of assessment procedures
- Direct (questionnaires)
- Indirect (reaction time, pulse frequency)
INSPIRE stands for INfotainment management with SPeech Interaction via REmote microphones and telephone interfaces It was originally a spoken dialog system for controlling home devices like
- Several lamps
- Internet radio
- Simulated program guide / video recorder
- Simulated music archive and playlist
- Simulated answering machine
It consists of a speech recognition
component and a speech synthesis component synchronized with a talking
head. The speech recognition component can be replaced by a
transcribing wizard and the speech synthesis by concatenated
prerecorded sentences. It is possible to use a simultated environment
and there is also a version that can be set up at any place.
For multimodal input a 3D gesture recognition and an iPhone-based GUI interface was developed.
Christine Kühnel , Matthias Schulz, Stefan Hillmann
Matthias Siebke, Raffael Tönges