Inhalt des Dokuments
Biometric Identification and Verification
Seminar (Wagner , Möller , Rallabandi ; 2 SWS/3 LP; each winter semester)
LV-Nummer: 0434 L 916
Time: Mondays starting from 02 November 2020, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (exact schedule can be found in the ISIS course)
Location: Online via Zoom
This seminar deals with current methods of person identification
using biometric measures. Topics include:
Foundations of feature extraction and classification, identification and verification; speaker recognition/; face recognition; iris recognition; finger-print recognition; 'exotic' verification.
- Basics of statistics and linear algebra
- At least one semester of programming in a C-like language, e.g. C, C# or Java, or good programming skills with Matlab
The introductory slides for the course can be found here . Corresponding video is here .
All online material for the the seminar (videos, slides, administrative information, forum, etc.) will be provided through the ISIS portal. In addition, the ISIS course is necessary to participate in the lecture quizzes, to obtain assignments and submit assignments and papers. The name of the course in the ISIS system is "Biometric IaV WS 2020/21 ". The registration key is Biometric2020.
Registration for the course
Please be aware that a registration to the ISIS course does not replace a proper registration to the course via Qispos. The registration to the course follows the following procedure:
- The seminar is limited to a maximum number of 28 participants
- Candidates need to send an email with full name, immatriculation number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org until November 2nd, 2020
- An initial selection of admitted students will be done on November 3rd, 2020, according to the usual criteria; other candidates will be put on a waiting list
- Students admitted will receive an email on November 3rd, and need to register via Qispos until November 6, 14h00; after that time, non-registered students will be de-admitted and candidates from the waiting list will be contacted
- All students need to additionally register in ISIS to participate in the lecture quizzes, obtain assignments and submit assignments and papers
Zoom link for Q&A session