Jitendra Ajmera, Ph.D.
- © Copyright??
- Speech Processing
- Meta-data Extraction
- Speech Recognition
Jitendra Ajmera joined the Labs in 2005 as a senior research scientist. Prior to this, he was working as speech scientist at Reliance Infocomm, NaviMumbai, India.
He earned his Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Computer Science from Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland in 2004. During this time, he was associated with IDIAP research institute, Martigny, Switzerland, as research assistant. He received his Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) degree from Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai (IITB) in 1999.
Quality and Usability Lab
Deutsche Telekom Laboratories
D-10587 Berlin, Germany
- J. Ajmera, "Age and gender classification using modulation cepstrum", to be published in Speaker Odyssey 2008.
- A. Raake, S. Spors, J. Ahrens and J. Ajmera, “Concept and Evaluation of a Downward-Compatible System for Spatial Teleconferencing using Automatic Speaker Clustering”, ICSLP 2007.
- M. Pucher, A. Turk and J. Ajmera, “Phonetic Distance Measures For Speech Recognition Vocabulary And Grammar Optimization”, 3rd Congress of the Alps Adria Acoustics Association, 2007.
- Guillermo Aradilla and J. Ajmera, “Detection and Recognition of Number Sequences in Spoken Utterances“, Speech in Mobile and Pervasive Environments, Mobile HCI 2007.
- J. Ahrens, A. Raake, S. Spors and J. Ajmera, „Ein rueckwaertskompatibles raeumliches Telefonkonfe zsystem mit automatischer Sprechergruppierung“, Jahrestagung für Akustik der Deutschen Akustischen Gesellschaft (DAGA), Stuttgart 2007".
- Florian Metze, Jitendra Ajmera, Roman Englert, Udo Bub, Felix Burkhardt, Joachim Stegmann; Christian Mueller, Richard Huber, Bernt Andrassy, Josef G. Bauer, Bernhard Littel, „Comparison Of Four Approaches To Age And Gender Recognition For Telephone Applications“, ICASSP 2006.
- J. Ajmera and F. Metze, “Keyword Spotting Using Durational Entropy”, ICASSP 2006.
- J. Ajmera and F. Metze, “The Tub 2006 Spoken Term Detection System”, NIST 2006 Spoken Term Detection Evaluation.
- F. Burkhardt, J. Ajmera, R. Englert, J. Stegmann, W. Burleson, „Detecting Anger in Automated Voice Portal Dialogs“, ICSLP 2006.
- J. Ajmera, „Effect of age and gender on LP smoothed spectral envelope”, IEEE Speaker Odyssey, 2006.
- J. Ajmera and G. Lathoud and I. McCowan. Clustering And Segmenting Speakers And Their Locations In Meetings, ICASSP, Volume 1, 17-21 May 2004 Page(s):I - 605-8.
- J. Ajmera, I. McCowan and D. Moore. “An Online System for Automatic Annotation of Audio Documents”. ICSLP 2004
- J. Ajmera and I. McCowan and H. Bourlard. “Robust Speaker Change Detection”. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Volume 11, Issue 8, Aug. 2004 Page(s):649 – 651.
- J. Ajmera and I. McCowan and H. Bourlard. “Speech/Music Discrimination using Entropy and Dynamism Features in a HMM Classification Framework”. Speech Communications, vol 40, pp: 351-363, 2003.
- J. Ajmera and C. Wooters. A Robust Speaker Clustering Algorithm. IEEE ASRU, 30 Nov.-3 Dec. 2003 411 – 416.
- J. Ajmera and H. Bourlard and I. Lapidot and I. McCowan. “Unknown-Multiple Speaker Clustering using HMM”, ICSLP 2002.
- J. Ajmera and I. McCowan and H. Bourlard “Robust HMM-Based Speech/Music Segmentation”, ICASSP, Volume 1, 2002, I-297 - I-300.