- © Copyright??
Quality and Usability: Speech Technology.
- Audio and Speech Processing
- Audio Representation.
- Problems in Clustering, Segmentation and Classification of Audio (including Music).
- Data-driven methods in Pattern Recognition, Information Retrieval, and Machine Learning for Multimedia related Audio and Speech signals.
- Automatic Speech Recognition and related topics in machine-based Emotion Recognition, Speech Highlighting and processing information beyond spoken words.
- Human-Computer Interfaces
- Perception and Cognition of Audio and Speech Content.
- Automatic Speech Recognition as an Interface.
- User-Interfaces for Representation and Acessing Multimedia Content.
- Playlist Generation Problems for Music Content.
Projects: MULTIMEDIA CONTENT
RETRIEVAL  for Web 2.0 applications.
Biography Shiva Sundaram received his PhD and his MS, both in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California (USC) in 2008, and 2003 respectively. He received his Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) degree in Electronics Engineering from the University of Pune, India in 2001. He was a research assistant in USC's Signal and Image Processing Institute (SIPI), in the Speech Analysis and Interpretation Lab (SAIL) from 2002 to 2008. His research interest include audio content analysis, auditory scene analysis, Speech Processing: recognition and synthesis, signal processing for multimedia, auditory perception, pattern recognition and human computer interfaces. At present, he is a Senior Research Scientist with Deutsche Telekom Laboratories (T-Labs), at TU Berlin, Germany.
He has many general interests: Windsurfing, Photography , Motorcycling, making and breaking things, and all sorts of adventures.
Address Quality and Usability Lab
Deutsche Telekom Laboratories
D-10587 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 8353 58566
Fax: +49 30 8353 58409